Kathryn S. Castle, Ph.D.
I am a licensed psychotherapist delivering wellness-based counseling for individuals struggling with relationships, life-altering events, and a variety of other challenges. My evidence-based practice combines an array of cognitive, behavioral, and systemic techniques to facilitate learning, growth, and progress.
A Holistic Practice
My holistic approach views the individual as a whole, attending to strengths as well as limitations. My practice is founded on the belief that we each have the power to create change in our own lives, no matter what difficulties we face. You are not alone; I am here to support and guide you on your path to success.
A Neutral Environment
I provide a comforting environment, a safe, neutral space, and time to take a step back and work on your life, not just in your life. I work to understand the person you are within the circumstances you are facing. Then I offer warm and caring professional counsel, skills to change your life, and motivation to help you to attain your goals.
Help Through Significant Challenges
Whether you’re experiencing stress-related anxiety, emotional distress, or a mental challenge that’s significantly impacting your life, I can help you move forward and make the best of your situation.
If you’re struggling with a major transition or loss, depression, a challenging relationship, or a parenting issue, I can help. Through one-on-one, couples, or family counseling, you will be connected with coping skills that work for you – for your personality, beliefs, and circumstances.
- I have the training and experience to handle serious emotional issues and mental illness. But I am also available when you want an opportunity to talk things through, gain perspective, and improve your life.
- My office is centrally located near downtown Rochester at 46 Prince Street, next to the Memorial Art Gallery.
- My services are available in person at my Rochester location; we also offer the convenient option of secure and private counseling via video chat. If you are traveling, or cannot come to our office, this may be the perfect solution for you! Please be aware that this option is not always appropriate for every situation.
- Your primary residence must be in the state of New York. Though I do not accept insurance, a master bill will be provided to facilitate coverage of out-of-network counseling services for those who qualify.
- Ph.D., Counseling and Counselor Education, Syracuse University
- Ms.Ed., Counseling, State University of New York College at Brockport
- BS, University of Colorado
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) in New York State, # 18004485
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
- Distance Credentialed Counselor (DCC)
- Faculty Member, Medaille College & Syracuse University
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Integrative/Eclectic Therapy
- Humanistic/Person-Centered Therapy
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Adolescents age 12-18 (grades 5 & up)
- Young Adults
- Middle Age Adults
- Elderly Adults
- Gender: All
- Religious Orientation: Any
- Sexual Orientation: Any