My goal is always to ensure your best care. It is important that we both feel we can establish a good working alliance that will lend itself to a successful individualized treatment plan based on your needs. This information will let you know what to expect at your first therapy appointment and beyond.
What to Expect for Your First Appointment
Call 585-746-0607 for a 5-10 minute initial phone consultation with Dr. Castle. A few brief questions will be asked about you, and any questions you may have about working together will be answered. Assuming we both agree to work together, a new appointment will be scheduled at a time convenient for you. Learn more about the appointment options.
A majority of our initial session will be spent discussing any issues you are experiencing now and in the past, focusing specifically on your most important concerns. During this time, we will define what needs to be treated, work on an accurate diagnosis, discuss treatment plan options, and begin to identify goals of treatment.
The decision to begin medications depends on multiple factors. If needed, I will refer you to a medical professional with whom I work closely as part of your treatment team for medications.
Assuming continued treatment is necessary, you may schedule a future appointment at the end of the visit or at a later date.
Past Records & Additional Communication
If you have received mental health care in the past or relevant medical care, it would be helpful to provide records. Please bring all available information to your first visit.
Please print and sign the Release of Information Form for ANYONE you would want Dr. Castle to communicate with other than yourself, including previous doctor(s), therapists, or other individuals.
- Payment is always due at the time of service. Dr. Castle is an Out-of-Network provider and does not participate directly with any insurance plans.
- Payment can be made with cash, check, or credit card at the time of the appointment. Health Savings Account debit cards are also accepted.
- After payment is collected, Dr. Castle will provide a “superbill” which you can submit to your insurance provider for Out-of-Network reimbursement, if your policy provides this benefit.
- 60 minutes total (first appointment only)
- Subsequent appointments may be scheduled for a 30-minute session or a 45-minute session.
Please see the frequently asked questions for more information about appointments, insurance and much more.